Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Dream


It was cold. Goose bumps covered my skin. I wrapped my arms around myself in an attempt to retain heat. I wandered through the thick trees, eyes scanning.
I couldn't see very far. It was dark and gloomy. The thick gray fog only added to it.
Finally, to my relief, i broke through the thick forest and stepped quietly onto a thin dirt road. Still, I couldn't see far. The road went straight, cutting through the trees, disappearing into the tick gray fog that hung close to the ground.
I wrapped my long cloak around me more tightly and sat down in the road. I felt over dressed in such a place in my long, elegant dress and cloak.
I sat waiting, swallowed in the eerie silence and cold.
He said he'd come. Come and save me.
So I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
But he never came.

No comments: